Sunday, June 26, 2016

Novena

Made a 23km walk today to a little village before Arzua called Castaneda.  Only two more days of walking left.

Lots of miles walked....and the tired but prayerful Santiago spoke to me this morning on the way out of Palas de Rei.

The Novena Prayer to St. James

My Lord Jesus Christ, here I am close to You, bringing with me in prayer the joys and sorrows of my brothers and sisters as well as the continual happiness and difficulties of my daily journey.

Sometimes I lose my way on the path of life, and I don't know what to do.
Frequently I am distracted by material things and am in need of enlightenment.

Lord, create in me a longing for you and a firm resolution to never offend you again.  Give me your grace to contemplate the path of your earthly life and to be attracted further by the example of St. James the Apostle.

May I wholeheartedly follow you in the path of this life and find in you peace and joy without end.  Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the Novena of St James. I have said many novenas and this is one of the best.

    I continue to pray for you as you continue your Way to Santiago.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This hits home on many levels! Thank you for sharing with us in such depth. PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Novena Prayer to St. James is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am also grateful that you shared the pictures of Our Lady of Sorrows. Very powerful. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful. God bless you on these last two days and always. Thanks for sharing all your meditations and prayers. It is almost like being there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful. God bless you on these last two days and always. Thanks for sharing all your meditations and prayers. It is almost like being there.

    ReplyDelete