Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Q

A lovely, windy walk into Hospital de Orbigo....home of the wildly long bridge over the river Orbigo. I wanted to stop here to revisit one of my favorite albergues from my last Camino, Albergue San Miguel.  It is neat, clean, and with smaller rooms....so there are only 4 people snoring in here tonight.  :)  It is also home to a Camino art gallery.

The bridge has a marker commemorating Don Suero de Quinones, a knight of the 15th century who jousted 300 knights here in order to defend his honor. He then went on pilgrimage to Santiago.

I don't hear the name Quinones without thinking of Mary QUINONES Rice.  But not only her, but lots of parishioners of St. Matthew, and the many intercessions and petitions in my journal are in my prayers.  I may be many miles from the parish, but the Spirit keeps us close. 

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures, and commentary. We're behind you in Mansilla de las Mulas, in the El Jardin albergue. Nice night, with rain and chilly temps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, and commentary. We're behind you in Mansilla de las Mulas, in the El Jardin albergue. Nice night, with rain and chilly temps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your prayers for all of us. I'll make sure Mary checks out your blog. God bless you and keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete