Saturday, June 11, 2016

Explanation

There are times when the prayers of the Church strike like lightning and boom like thunder.

I spent the day walking along the Via Trajana, a Roman road that goes back to the days of Caesar Augustus. As I paused in the church after arriving in Mansilla, I prayed Midafternoon prayer from the Liturgy of the Hours. The short reading from the prophet Jeremiah (verse 6:16) was:

Stand beside the earliest roads,
Ask the pathways of old,
Which is the way to good, and walk it;
Thus you will find rest for your souls.

This verse which I  have prayed many times and appreciated, today was the source of great joy, thanksgiving, and peace. I laughed aloud with joy for such a succinct summary of my day and my pilgrimage. The prophet is delightful in his instructions.....ask.....walk....find rest.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Papa sent you that reading and message today - and that's JOY!

    Congratulations on your anniversary. We are all blessed that you are in our lives.

    Praying for you each and every day.

    Buen Camino

    ReplyDelete