Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Old friends

A gorgeous day and a blessed walk of 20 km to Carrion de los Condes.  On this first day of walking I kept meeting old friends from my Camino two years ago.  There are the yellow arrows pointing the way.  The flowers in bloom.  The simple path through the countryside. In town there are red plastic chairs that announce the presence of a cafe.

The walk today included a long stretch by a river.  As I was shaded by the trees, I was serenaded by the birds overhead and frogs in the water.  The wind sang through the leaves of the poplars.  It was just lovely. 

And of course I renewed my friendship with my favorite foods....tostadas for breakfast, an egg bocadillo for snack, an empanada for lunch washed down by café con leche. 

And as the miles of open fields go by, the quiet returns as well.  That dearest friend of all, the Silence within, that leaves me full as she empties me out.  So blessed!

Tonight the local parish has Mass at 8pm that includes a choir of Augustinian nuns.  At 5:30pm, the Sisters of Charity who run the albergue where I am staying have evening prayer in their chapel.  Tis blessed to spend time with the One who calls me here and leads me on.  

It is good to be with old friends.

2 comments:

  1. How nice to be reacquainted with old familiar friends. It has to be very comforting to see all of Gods beauty.
    I hope that you were able to celebrate Mass at St. Martin church. Such a beautiful place. I might add that I love the name of that church. I need to learn more about St. Martin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring! Thanks for sharing the blessings in your blog

    ReplyDelete