Saturday, June 25, 2016

Our Lady

As I made my way today into Palas de Rei, the Camino goes over Rosary Hill. So I thought I would share a thought on Our Lady.

Devotion to Mary runs deep in Spain and along the Camino.  Every church has an altar for Mary... and in some cases several!  Two of the churches where I prayed were named for Our Lady of Sorrows. Here is the mother who is always there for her child.  Here is the mom who keeps her eyes on God, pleading and interceding.  Here is the mom looking at us in all our troubles with compassion and mercy. 

Mary, Mother of God and our mother, pray for us!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pictures of Mary. And for sharing your thoughts on her as well. I am so pleased to hear that every church has an altar for Mary. How fitting that you go over Rosary Hill!
    Hopefully the day of rest helped the blisters heal.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete