Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Animals

A long uphill climb for 20km to O'Cebreiro yesterday.  More on the town and the region in the next post.

I appreciate all the comments and prayers from the blog posts.  When I am sore and tired in the afternoon, they lift me up and keep me going. 

I was asked about animals along the Way.  The Camino goes through a lot of farm country so we see cows and sheep.  We pass the markers from the horses more than we see them, but folks are making the pilgrimage on horseback.

In the villages there are cats and dogs.  Birds abound, singing and serenading us.  On a country road I will hear the bell being worn by a cow or sheep, though they stay out of sight.  Many times along the road they will warn of deer, but I haven't seen any yet. 

Finally I am sorry to report to Helen such sad news....no squirrels here.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that you are not sorry that you have not seen any squirrels! I am happy to see pictures of all of the other animals. There are plenty of squirrels here in my back yard feasting on the bread scraps that I give them. And yes, they are still able to climb the trees after eating!!!
    I pray for you daily. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete