Friday, June 17, 2016

Cruz de Ferro

A very blessed day of walking 20 km from Rabanal to the tiny mountain village Riego de Ambros.  With temperatures in the 40s, a fair wind blowing, and rain coming down most of the day, the weather is a far cry from summer in Georgia.  Today's walk included the blessed landmark of Cruz de Ferro.  After walking in the clouds...to look up and see the simple majesty of the cross....it's breath taking.  As a pilgrim I brought a rock from home and laid it at the foot of the cross.  Then it is up to the top of the pass on Monte Irago before a steep descent into Riego for the evening. 

Pilgrim Prayer at Cruz de Ferro.

Lord, may this stone, a symbol of my efforts on the pilgrimage that I lay at the foot of the cross, weigh the balance in favor of my good deeds some day when the deeds of my life are judged. Let it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment