Monday, June 6, 2016

Arrived

After a plane, a train and a bus, I arrived in Fromista.  I will start walking in the morning to Santiago en Compostela. 

The trip was delightfully uneventful. Delta did a lovely job with the overnight flight to Madrid.   Then Renfe ran its route to Palencia.  I crossed the street to the bus station, had lunch and took the afternoon bus to Fromista.  Since I haven't slept much since leaving Atlanta, I am mostly exhausted.   Off to take a nap.  Then I am hoping to celebrate Mass this evening in St. Martin church, the beautiful Romanesque church in town. 

It is good to be here....good to be on pilgrimage.

5 comments:

  1. God be at your feet!!!! Kathy Flint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you took some clouds with you from Atlanta. Glad to know you're off on your walk. God-speed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful walk with St. James today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bienvenidos, Padre! We're just entering Burgos today after departing San Juan de Ortega. ¡Buen Camino a te!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete