Sunday, June 12, 2016

Take off the shoes

Most Camino towns have commissioned an image of St. James and Leon is no different.   Spent the day getting to this capital city and looking around its many churches and historic sites. Somehow I missed this image of Santiago the last time I walked through.  But I love it! 

There is a glorious feeling that comes at the end of the day's walk when the boots come off. Part relief, part thanksgiving.  My feet are tender and swollen from all the miles, but so far no injuries.  I am going to put my feet in cold water and get a little nap.  It's Sunday....so rest seems in order.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Mass was really good today but we all miss you. I know you are enjoying your walk and I hope you continue to have good weather, good food and good feet. It is a great blessing.

    ReplyDelete