Tuesday, June 10, 2014

S&S

We had another beautiful day on the Camino....traveling 23 km to Belorado.  This was our longest segment so far but with clouds filling the sky, the temperature stayed bearable.


As we left Santo Domingo this morning, we passed this pen filled with sheep.  While we have heard them a couple of times within barns, these were the first ones we have seen. They became the inspiration to pray for parishioners today.  Each day I go through the intercession book.  Today as I walked along I thought of all the Mass groups at St. Matthew.The little group on Monday mornings,   the cleaners and counters with others on Tuesdays, the singing breakfast bards of Wednesday, the faithful Rosary crew on Thursdays, the generous stewards of Saturday at 5pm, los santos con coro maravilloso a la 7 en la tarde, the faithful disciples at 8am and all the goodness at 11am on Sunday.  So many wonderful sheep to have in my life!



Crossing my path as well was this beautiful snail.  He was a good reminder to take my time and walk slowly and gently.  My knee is mostly better and the blisters are turning to calluses...but the feet and calves are tender.  Probably time to have a rest day and allow the system to recharge.  Going slowly worked well today....getting ever closer to Santiago.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks much for all of your prayers. Each weekday morning before Communion Service, we say the Pilgrim's Prayer for you. Glad to know that the knee and blisters are better. And do take that day of rest! I thoroughly enjoy your descriptions of what you are seeing as you travel on your Way. Thanks so much for sharing. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all huddled together, on our knees, praying for you. See the black one in the middle?? That’s me, "Estrella".

    This is a good time to remind you that tomorrow is Wednesday. Will there be singing in Spain? Starr

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vaya con Dios, mi amigo. Y que El Señor calmar su espirito, y los pies. Su hermano - "Not Starr"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias, padre.
    Todo bien aqui.
    Buen camino

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love following your journey! Feel as though I'm there. I'm so sorry about Susana's feet; she has to be in pain!! May God bless you and protect you as you continue on this path! Prayers for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since you didn't post today.......I'll offer this:
    Sometimes you gotta embrace your inner goat! Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    buen camino

    ReplyDelete
  8. Father I'm so glad your knee and blisters are healing. I'm enjoying your insights on your journey. I also love the sheep. Praying for your safe journey and safe return to us!!

    ReplyDelete