Sunday, June 8, 2014

Mass

On this lovely feast of Pentecost, a short word about going to Mass along the Way.

The churches in this old Catholic country are beautiful.   Gorgeous architecture accents the skyline of each town.  



The first couple of days of the pilgrimage the churches were open but there was no priest in town.  We received permission to celebrate Mass....so out came my breviary app and Mass was in English prayed on splendid high altars.




When we came to Los Arcos we learned they had a Mass for pilgrims in the evening.  I finally attended Mass in Spanish. I have always been the celebrant when I went to Spanish Mass.  It was wonderful! I was delighted how much I remembered and understood. At the end of the Mass there was a special blessing just for pilgrims. ..what a joy!


It is so good to pray as I walk along but it is so central, so essential to ce.celebrate with Mass.    I love to hear God speak to me through Scripture and I want to give thanks....thanks for the many blessings... thanks for the mercies...thanks for life.  What joy to give thanks always.

6 comments:

  1. You are a joy!! Your spirituality is contagious. Herschel & I attended 8:30 Mass on St George Island, Fla. It was different being a participant in the service. The priest gave a wonderful homily(not as good as yours. LOL) on this Pentecost Sunday. Herschel & will continue praying for you on this special journey. We pray that your feet & knee are doing better. God Bless, Peace & Love. Herschel & Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely reflection on Pentecost! So happy for you that you are right where you want to be. Thank you for continuing to share daily. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Beautiful, Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father I love reading your posts. They're so uplifting and the pictures are beautiful. They really take us there. I'm sorry about your blisters and your knee. I'll be praying for your healing. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes......gorgeous pics. It's too bad the church interiors are so plain, LOL!
    Wow, that gilding is amazing. I was able to make out La Conquistadora!
    Hope it's not too hot there yet. It's ridiculously hot here.
    buen camino

    ReplyDelete
  6. Father Kevin: Just want you to know that I am praying along with you as you walk and I am doing my walking around PTC. Praying as I walk is something that I started doing when I was still jogging over 30 years ago. May God continue to bless you in your journey. All the best. John & Connie

    ReplyDelete