Saturday, June 7, 2014

Water

Started out from Viana today, went through Logrono and made it to Navarette.   Another 20km done.... slowly. ... but done.

I have been trying to settle how much water I need to stay hydrated each day.   The guidebook mentioned 1 or 2 liters a day besides meals.   Today I had 3 or 4 liters of water and I am not sure if that was enough.  Today was a beautiful, warm, and sunny day. As we walk along, there are many public fountains to replenish the water supply.   The towns so far have had a wide assortment of fountains.   It is quite the source of civic pride.  At the monastery in Irache they even provide wine for the pilgrims....to strengthen us for the journey.   :)

My feet still hurt and I also picked up a brace for my left knee.   Praying as I shuffle along, I was reminded of the promise the Lord made to his disciples... rivers of living water will flow from within the hearts of his people.  I was relying on Him for the last few miles today.   And the Lord gives the strength we need. 

In particular I am praying for our Holy Father as he prays for peace in Israel and Palestine tomorrow.   May the Lord spring forth soothing waters of peace for that dry land of discord.

10 comments:

  1. Hola! Thank you for allowing us along on the journey. Each morning this week your journal and picture posts have made me smile. Gentle peace and healing Padre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fr. Kevin. With your comments and pictures on your first day I was reminded of the classic Irish prayer. Your second post on the walls guiding and holding you reminded me of Pink Floyd. I hope you have some mole skin for the feet and Motrin for the knee. God bless you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the time you read this, it will be Pentecost Sunday. Happy feast of the Holy Spirit. I pray that each day will be easier for you. Thanks much for sharing your thoughts with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to hitting the "refresh" button every night to see what the day's journey has brought for you! Your reflections and pictures are a treat! My left knee commiserates with yours. May the peace and tranquility found during your slow shuffling surpass your aches and blisters. Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water, yes. It's hot hot hot here......we're downing water all day long too.
    Can't wait to hear about your "Pentecostes" experience!
    buen camino

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your themes for the day. What will it be tomorrow? It is fascinating to follow along but my knees would never make it. I pray for yours to make it to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What profound lessons, in your images and words! Water & Wine = Strength & Vitality for the trek. Toast to Happiness! Our needs and our wants fulfilled. PEACE, strength and healing to you! With our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We can feel the effect of your prayers as you walk, Father. It has been a blessing reading along as you journey. May your knee feel better and may you experience a most amazing peace in your encounters each and every day. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers go out to you today!! Praying that your feet & knee cooperate with your
    journey!! I have enjoyed reading about your daily travels. Incredible!!
    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father keep up the good work its fantastic to be able to watch this.. praying for your safety and health to reach your goal. Can't wait till another visit from you ,Pete and I are watching this together.

    ReplyDelete