Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Flowers

Began walking this morning in Puente la Reina, which has a number of community gardens along the Camino.  I thought of the lovely garden at St. Matthew's and prayed for gentle rain to sustain the plants back home.  Along the Way, many wildflowers bloom freely in the hedge.  They are beautiful and fragrant.   It is nice to have time to stop and smell the flowers.   My personal favorite is the dill that grows plentiful and wild along the Way....and I know that God smiles on St. Matthew and its garden.

The Way was relatively easy today.... hills rolling through four villages to reach Estella.  The Way provided quite the study in contrasts.... our walking path ran beside the highway with cars and trucks driving at full speed.   It's humbling to realize the car covered in less than 30 minutes the distance I could cover walking all day.  The Way also followed the ancient Roman road for a while today.  How curious to walk on a road that is over 2000 years old.  How many people have also traveled this very stretch of road?  What a blessing to consider the pace of life and my little place in the history of life! 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing with all of us here! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of the feet which have trod that path, over the decades/centuries/millennia - and their stories.I'm sure that the same considerations are flooding your consciousness.May God reveal himself to you regularly - AND spontaneously! Beautiful flowers & plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing the flowers with us. They are so beautiful. As you are always telling me. "Have fun storming the castle"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really enjoying your pictures. How are your feet holding up? Thanks for sharing your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I particularly like the picture of the Spanish Broom plant. Mama's favorite.....buen camino.

    ReplyDelete