Sunday, June 3, 2018

Under the clouds

Another lovely day's walk is done.... 16km to Pola de Allande.  Dawn had the mountain town of Campiello swallowed in fog.  The forecast had improved overnight so the rain didn't arrive until this afternoon.  But there were no vistas to enjoy by staying on the mountain ridge of the Hospitales route.


So I walked down into the valley to Pola de Allande.  The valley turned out to be gorgeous once I got under the clouds.  Many of the fields have either cows or sheep grazing on them. With all the rain, the area has plenty of little creeks and streams as well.  



I was happiest that I made it into town for the noon Mass at Iglesia de San Andres.  What a treat on this feast of Corpus Christi to celebrate with the local parish!  I am thankful to hear a native Spanish speaker pray at Mass.... my pronunciation only improves.  :)


1 comment: