Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Herald

We walked today from Portomarin to Palas de Rei.  We covered the 24km under cloudy skies and intermittent rain.   It was a lovely soft rain.... this is a very Celtic land.  Only three more days of walking....

Today marks my anniversary of ordination as a deacon.  As I walked along I pondered the beautiful and haunting mission each deacon receives from the bishop as he is handed a copy of the Book of the Gospels.

Receive the Gospels whose herald you now are.

Believe what you read.

Teach what you believe.

Practice what you teach.

May the Lord grant me many more years to proclaim the good news with my life and my words.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the anniversary of your becoming a deacon. Well done, friend. Keep up the walk. We have so enjoyed following you as you have progressed along. God Bless You now and forever. John & Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our whole life is a Camino! Congratulations on yours, in all its aspects and milestones. Stones, pebbles, walls, flowers, snails & sheep, old edifices and new, people and food, sunshine and darkness. And smelly socks. PEACE!

    ReplyDelete