Friday, July 4, 2014

Certifiable

There is a joy and a peace that words do not describe in being here in Santiago.   What a wonderful gift! 

I took a walk around the old town this afternoon and collected not one, but two, Compostelas.  The first is from the Cathedral as a pilgrim to Santiago.   The second is from the Franciscans since this is the 800th anniversary of St. Francis walking to Santiago.

I am headed back to the Cathedral this evening for the Pilgrim's Mass... time to offer my thanks to God in sacrament.  This Mass is for Nancy Slattery.  I am particularly blown  away that the gospel for today is the call of Matthew from Matthew, chapter 9.  Does it get any better than to hear Jesus say.... Come, follow me???  Can it be lived better than by his call....it is mercy I desire, not sacrifice????

Buen Camino.

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Joyful blessings and thanksgiving for your grace filled walk and renewed Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I told Susana, thank you so much for sharing your spiritual journey! I can't imagine what you felt actually experiencing this journey. The pictures and descriptions have been amazing. Godspeed on your way "back to reality"! God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! I honestly feel that we have been this way with you. Thank you for sharing the whole camino, its sights, sites, sounds, smells, food, peoples and even the dirty socks with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your perseverance and accomplishment. Thanks for taking me along with you. Thanks for being with me and Mama even while you were gone. I'm looking forward to your coming home. May God give you safe travels home.
    Love,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So amazing...so beautiful...so inspiring.
    Gracias a Dios.
    Buen Camino

    ReplyDelete