Thursday, March 19, 2015

Luck of the Irish

St. Patrick's Day dawned bright and sunny. After all the rain we have had, it was nice to have a spring day.  After working some in the yard at the rectory,  I was returning the tools to the church when I received a delightful  blessing. As I was walking along in the parking lot with a shovel over one shoulder and a bag of trash in the other hand,  Steve Lefebvre drove up with a truck load of supplies for the garden. "You look all ready to help with the planting", he said. And so I was reminded that they were trying to plant potatoes before the rain returned later in the week.  What a joy to help plant 4 rows of potatoes!  There is a special blessing in working with the soil and growing a garden.  I was tickled at planting taters on the holy day.... my inner leprechaun was dancing a jig. 

As the spring comes, we will be planting many crops over the next few weeks.  Please join us on Saturday mornings starting around 9am.  Many graces await!

No comments:

Post a Comment